Sunday 4 September 2016

Festive Birthday Shaker Card




Hi everyone, 

I hope your all having a good week. Tomorrow is my friends daughters sixth birthday and I wanted to make her a special card.

The Festive Birthday designer series paper is so much fun! The sombreros and pinatas are just adorable and the bright colours make it perfect for a summer birthday.  



I used a Crushed Curry card base cut at 5 3/4" by 8 1/4", scored and folded at 4 1/8". The designer series paper is cut to 5 1/2" by 3 7/8" with the oval cut out using the largest straight edge oval from the Oval Layering framelit dies.

The new foam strips make shaker cards so easy, I used one strip around the oval and two strips around the edge of the designer series paper.  This gives a professional finish when you look at the card from the side. I used silver sequins for a touch of sparkle. 

The number 6 is die cut using the Large Number framelit dies and colored in with the Wink of Stella for added glam. 



The sentiment and banner are from the Banners For You stamp set and the banner is die cut from the Bunch of Banners framelit dies. These can be bought as a bundle saving you 10%. 

I hope my friends daughter loves this card as much as I do.

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment